Wayfair, a popular US retailer of furniture and home décor, has numerous products from thousands of different suppliers. The Wayfair Affiliate Program allows you promote these products and earn from commissions from it.
The Wayfair Affiliate Program is run by CJ, an established publisher and advertising platform, which provides excellent Wayfair Affiliate marketing program support materials and timely payments for your peace of mind.
This affiliate program is a viable alternative or a great addition to Amazon for publishers or websites within the home improvement niche. This article will discuss how the Wayfair Affiliate Program works, how to sign up and will showcase helpful reviews from real members.
- 1 Wayfair Affiliate Program: How do I become a Wayfair affiliate?
- 2 How to get approved to sell on Wayfair?
- 3 How to Make Money with Wayfair without Risking to Get Banned?
- 4 How does Wayfair compare to other home decor affiliate programs?
- 5 How legit is Wayfair?
- 6 Wayfair Affiliate Program: Reddit reviews
- 7 Conclusion
Wayfair Affiliate Program: How do I become a Wayfair affiliate?
First of all, Wayfair’s warehouses are located in US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Germany. They do not offer international shipping, so if you are interested in becoming an affiliate, your audience need to be located in those countries.
Previously handled by ShareASale, the Wayfair.com Affiliate Program is now hosted by CJ Affiliate. To be part of the affiliate program, you have to sign up with CJ as a publisher where, aside from Wayfair, you can also promote its sister companies such as Joss and Maine Affiliate Program, Birch Lane, and All Modern.
For US citizens, nexus tax laws prevent partners from several states from joining the affiliate program. These states are:
- Arkansas, Delaware
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How to get approved to sell on Wayfair?
Wayfair is among the stricter affiliate programs, but it is worth it. To become eligible to the program, you need to satisfy the following requirements:
- A website URL
- Quality content and decent traffic
- Website is focused on Wayfair-relevant content (i.e. home décor, furniture, and furnishing)
- Include all sites you will use to promote Wayfair products
- A detailed description of your site, audience, and marketing plans
Wayfair Affiliate Program Commission
Wayfair affiliate commission is 7% commission per sale; however, this excludes orders from Wayfair Pro users. If a person who has a Wayfair Pro account uses your link to make an order, you don’t get the commission. And like any affiliate program, there are limitations to consider when promoting their products.
To avoid committing violations, here are some things to avoid:
- No controversial sites (e.g. religion, sex, drugs, politics)
- No bidding on the Wayfair’s trademarked terms
- No direct Wayfair affiliate links from ad to product listings from ads (link to your website then to the product listings).
- No coupons, cash back, vouchers or promotional codes
- Email marketing materials must not imply that they are send by or on behalf of Wayfair
- You can recommend specific furniture or items but not a list of discounted products as it may be misconstrued as a Wayfair marketing email
- No promotions on Pinterest, but you can promote on your other social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Reddit, Digg, and StumbleUpon
- Do not make your website look like Wayfair to avoid trademark issues
- Comparison websites are not allowed
Important note: While you can’t send traffic directly from a Pinterest account to the Wayfair products, you can redirect that traffic to your own website and then send it to Wayfair.
How to Make Money with Wayfair without Risking to Get Banned?
Given those limitations, here are some recommended strategies to make money from Wayfair’s Affiliate Program:
- Create a niche website and/or social media accounts on home furnishings and décor to promote Wayfair products.
- To avoid violating the terms regarding Pinterest, you can use it to drive traffic to your website which in turn links to Wayfair. There are tons of home décor and home improvement posts in there to give you inspiration on what people are looking for.
Alternatives to Wayfair’s Affiliate Program:
Apart from Amazon, another alternative to Wayfair’s Affiliate Program is the eBay affiliate. For the home and decor category, eBay pays a big fat 60% commission rate which can bring in an awesome monthly revenue.
The downside of eBay compared to Wayfair is the 24h cookie length, which is a bit too short considering the frequent auction format of the listings. That means if a user ends up buying on eBay after more than 24h after clicking on your links your won’t get the commission.
What is the Wayfair professional program?
Wayfair Professional is a free program for users to take advantage of special deals and discounts. Members of this program can also access commercial products exclusive to this tier, including office furniture and flooring.
You can sign up even without a business license or EIN. Here are the benefits of Wayfair Professional:
- Free shipping for items over $35
- Fast delivery within 2 days for best selling items
- New deals and sales daily
- Commercial-grade quality products
- Exclusive business deals and top brands
- Access to industry experts
- Free design services
How does Wayfair compare to other home decor affiliate programs?
Amazon has recently reduced commission from 8% to 3% for their furniture and home improvement products. This makes Wayfair’s 7% commission much more appealing. They also give you a 7-day referral period and Amazon only gives a 24-hour cookie for their promotions in the home furnishing category.
Compared to other affiliate programs, Wayfair also has the advantage of enrolling you automatically to their sister companies – Joss & Main, Birch Lane, All Modern, and Perigold.
In addition, CJ Affiliate Wayfair has a good reputation for providing good reporting, reliable payments, and complimentary marketing materials. Other perks include, deep linking to any Wayfair page, access to Wayfair video channel for your content, avail Way Day’ 2-day sale, and Super Strong Brand.
How legit is Wayfair?
If you are apprehensive about the legitimacy of Wayfair, you do not have to worry. Wayfair is NOT a scam, it is a legitimate with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded by Steve Conine and Niraj Shah who met at Cornell University while they were studying Engineering. They decided to put up this business in 2011 to consolidate all the specialized online stores into a robust e-commerce site for all things related to home. Thus, Wayfair was born.
After earning hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, Wayfair went public in 2014. Their five major brands are Joss & Main, Birch Lane, All Modern, and Perigold. They have since expanded globally in North America and Europe. Hence, European partners can apply to Wayfair Affiliate Program UK, while Canadian partners can get into the Wayfair Canada Affiliate Program or Wayfair.ca affiliate program.
Wayfair Affiliate Program: Reddit reviews
After reading through Reddit about the Wayfair Affiliate Program reviews, the positive outweighs the negative. First, they appreciated the huge Wayfair inventory with exclusive products you cannot find in other online sites.
Another positive review is about the decent conversion rate. Plus, Wayfair’s 7-day cookie is better than Amazon’s 24-hour cookie. A Redditor wrote: “Impulsive buying goes down as the price of a product increases. This is where 24-hour Amazon cookie starts losing against 30-day cookies.”
On the negative end, users find it hard to enter the program. A couple of users reported being rejected even with a niche site and a decent website. Getting a Wayfair affiliate program invitation code may not be enough to get you accepted.
The Wayfair Associate Program is worth your while if you follow their eligibility requirements to the dot. Here are the pros and cons to becoming a Wayfair affiliate:
- Huge selection of products on everything home. People looking for home décor and furniture will more likely search on a specialized retailer like Wayfair compared to rival sites like Amazon or eBay which features every type of product.
- A dedicated in-house management for affiliates
- A trusted partner in CJ Affiliate
- Good conversion rate
- 7-day referral period
- Automatic enrollment to Wayfair sister companies
- Difficult approval process
Overall, if your website is dedicated to furniture and décor, the Wayfair affiliate program is worth your while. In addition, you can always apply to other affiliate programs and compare conversion rates and commissions. Who says you only need to apply to one?